The new Micro Mini tubes of E6000 are great to have on hand for small projects, emergency repairs, etc.
E-6000 has been a favorite of the Kit Kraft staff for quite a while now. it's the toughest, most durable glue around. It has a slight flexibility (so your glue will never 'snap off') and dries clear. Works just as well in small amounts as it does in large. Apply it with a toothpick, or a knife. You have about 15 minutes from the time it leaves the tube to work with it. Let it dry for several hours before handling. It helps to tape your area with masking tape while any glue is setting, to ensure an aligned, and effective bond. Wipe it off before it dries with acetone, if you make a mistake or spill some on the counter-top.
Follow these step-by-step directions when using E6000 glue:
Read directions and test small area before use.
- Surface should be clean, dry and free of dirt. For best results, lightly roughen surface before use.
- Puncture seal in neck of tube using pointer cap. Product can be used between 50 and 90 °F / 10 and 32 °C.
- Apply directly to surfaces to be bonded or repaired.
- Allow 24 hours for curing--Maximum bond strength may not be reached for up to 72 hours.
- For future easy cap removal, apply a thin coat of petroleum jelly to the threads of the tube before replacing the cap.
- Clean uncured adhesive with acetone or citrus-based solvents.
Note: E6000 is not recommended for use on Styrofoam™, polystyrene, polyethylene or polypropylene plastics.
Kit Kraft is a craft and hobby shop in the Los Angeles area and an online store that sells a large variety of arts and craft supplies. Whether it is bulk quantities of glitter to cover a fashion show runway, sculpting material for your art piece or crafting a gift to inspire a friend, our supplies are designed to help bring creative ideas to life.