Great product for setting decals. Softens decals so they will conform to irregular surfaces for a "painted on" look. Use this product along with Micro Set for best results and trouble free decal setting.
- Brush Micro Set (part one of this two step system) on the model where the decal is to be applied, then dip decal in water and slide off backing paper into position on the model.
- Using a soft brush, gently apply Micro Set onto the decal, being careful not to move the decal during application.
- Do not touch decal after applying Micro Sol, as the decal is now soft and can easily be distorted.
- Allow decal to dry completely.
- On surfaces with many irregularities, additional applications may be necessary.
- Allow Micro Set to dry between applications.
- If air bubbles become trapped under the decal, prick with a needle and apply Micro Set.
Micro Sol setting solution is for the most difficult irregular surfaces to be found on models. It completely softens the Microscale Decal, allowing it to drape down onto the surface of the model, conforming perfectly to surface irregularities without distortion. The most amazing results in seemingly impossible places are possible because Micro Sol actually makes the decal part of the painted surface. For that reason you should coat Micro Sol on for only a few seconds and then leave it alone. It does the work. Do not touch until the decal has dried, as the decal is very soft at this stage and could be easily damaged.
For the best results, first apply Micro Set to prepare the surface and enhance the adhesive. Make sure the surface is free of particles that could get under the decal’s film and cause a blemish. Then, when everything is dry enough that the decal will not move easily, apply Micro Sol with a small flat brush. Apply with as few strokes as possible so as not to disturb the decal. Then allow the decal to dry without disturbing it. One application is enough in most cases but, if necessary, a second application of Micro Sol can be helpful. Following these simple instructions will result in a model with professional looking markings.
Kit Kraft is a craft and hobby shop in the Los Angeles area and an online store that sells a large variety of arts and craft supplies. Whether it is bulk quantities of glitter to cover a fashion show runway, sculpting material for your art piece or crafting a gift to inspire a friend, our supplies are designed to help bring creative ideas to life.